The CAMP had the following OBJECTIVES relating to FAMILIA’s 5 Rs:
1. Relationship with Community: For new FYA/campers to be integrated
into the group and see FYA as one of its “breathing places”
2. Relationship with Community: That FYA Members will bond deeper/truer with other FYA members
3. Relationship with Family/ Renewal of Self: Through the night activities, for the FYA to realize
that through God’s given freedom, they are free to open up to His love manifested through the
FYA’s parents, friends, and neighbors.
YOU ARE LOVED (JOHN 15:13) – DAY 2
1. Relationship with Community: During the team building activities, that the group
will develop their love and trust for the group
2. Relationship with Family/ Relationship with God/ Renewal of Self: Through the night activities,
recognize that they are loved and are given mercy, and that they can receive that love and mercy in
AGENTS OF MERCY (THE YEAR OF MERCY) – DAY 3
1. Reaching out to Others: That the FYA may recognize
that they are capable of mercy and of giving love especially in this year of mercy.
The campers had a holistic experience through the camp –
touching physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of the youth.
The Camp offered fun team building activities such as the following:
• Unity Walk • Spider Web • Low Ropes Course • ZipLine • Obstacle Course • Net Climb
• Mud Crawl,Slide, etc.
Youth-oriented activities and talks were given to the youth highlighting the sacrifices and love
given to them by God, their family, and their friends.
An anticipated Holy Mass was also attended by the youth on Saturday.
A night vigil following the talks given during the 1st and 2nd day sessions was also held. During
the vigil, the youth spent prayer time, with some youth being prayed over by the facilitator.
In culmination of the love and service that Jesus gave to his disciples, and the service
parents/family give to the campers, a washing of the feet was held.
In addition to the spiritual and physical focus given to the campers, the campers’
parents were also requested to give letters of love to the campers to be given after
the night vigil. This emphasized the message that the campers are loved, and that
they are capable of loving others.