WELCOME TO FAMILIA
FAMILIA COMMUNITY is dedicated to bring back more families to God's plan.
We want help families experience and receive God's love.
We want to bless families by helping them to build strong relationships borne out of a personal relationship of each family member with Jesus.
Come and journey with us.
(House of Miracles)
An innovative open prayer meeting
of the Familia Community that aims
to bring Families back to God thru inspiring music, hope building messages, warm fellowship and different ministries that cater to all ages.
Familia Community Quick Facts
- Inspired by Pope John Paul II's encyclical: Familiaris Consortio
- Established in July 1993 led by Bro. Vic Gutierrez
- The very first prayer meeting held at the Ateneo multi-purpose hall was attended by about 600 people. A rainbow appeared in the sky that day –- We took it as a sign of God's anointing. The Familia logo was first presented in this gathering.
- Today, Familia has grown to 11000 members as of 2016.
- Almost 4000 are in Metro-Manila and 7000 in the provinces.
- Recognized in 23 dioceses and in Milan, Italy.
- Present in 120 Parishes
- Partners in Mission are LNP, BCP & CFC
- 5Rs as Pillars of Familia: Relationship with God, Relationship with Family, Relationship with Community, Renewal of Self and Reaching Out to others.
Message from the Executive Director
How do we see Familia in 2020, or 4 years from today? How about 10 years from today ...or 20 years? We need to prepare to "pass the baton" to the next generation.
We are disciple makers…and Familia has been called specifically to "bring more families to God."
"And the things you have heard me say, in the presence of many witnesses; Entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others" - 2 TIM 2:2
Times are changing. Today we re dealing with millenials and so we have to make adjustments. We need to seek to understand so we can be understood.
In heeding this call, we have to prepare ourselves. God is about to take Familia to another level. We just need to cooperate with Him.
We have identified 6 key areas of focus for Familia as we move forward into the next phase of our mission:
- FAMILIA Leadership Development
- Structured Leadership Formation Plan
- Creation of FAMILIA Leaders Pool (for succession planning)
- Teachings/ Training Development
- Nourishment of Members
- Strengthening of the Leaders
- Family Targeted Teachings and Events
- Clarity of Communications
- Common Message on "Who" is FAMILIA and "what" it stands for
- Clarity, Consistency and Timeliness of Message from ExCom down to Members
- Fund Generation
- Church and Partners Relations
In the next few months these will be communicated and explained in detail to you through your homecel heads. As we share all these to you, we invite you to actively take part. Let us all together pray and work towards these goals so that with God's help, there will be more "communities of empowered catholic families passionately witnessing everywhere."